Our Classic Mini Car Soundproofing Kit covers the following areas (materials):-
- Bonnet Lid (NoiseKiller Vibrasorb)
- Bulkhead (NoiseKiller Sound Barrier/Barrier Mat)
- Interior Front Footwells (NoiseKiller Sound Barrier)
- Sides of Transmission Tunnel (NoiseKiller Sound Barrier)
- Rear Footwells (NoiseKiller Sound Barrier Barrier Mat)
- Under Rear Seat (NoiseKiller Sound Barrier)
- Front and Rear Wheel Arches (NoiseKiller Barrier Mat)
- Rear Side Wings (NoiseKiller Barrier Mat)
- Under Spare Wheel (NoiseKiller Barrier Mat)
- Fuel Tank (NoiseKiller Barrier Mat)
- Under Boot Carpet (NoiseKiller Sound Barrier)
- Door Skins (NoiseKiller Barrier Mat)
All engine bay parts use our waterproof Noise Killer Vibrasorb material. This is self adhesive with a damping sheet to reduce bonnet vibrations and an open cell Class “0” acoustic foam to absorb engine noise. The foil facing gives a wipe clean maintenance surface which also protects the bonnet lid against heat discolouring.
Interior of Vehicle
Noise Killer Sound Barrier is under the carpets in the front and rear footwells inside the vehicle and Barrier Mat along the side of the transmission tunnel. These pads help to reduce road and transmission noise as well as under body vibrations. A pad is placed under the rear seat to reduce exhaust noise and vibrations as well as the side wings.
Noise Killer Barrier Mat is adhered to the rear wheel arches, under the spare wheel, and the fuel tank area.
Noise Killer Sound Barrier is placed under the boot carpet to reduce the road and exhaust noises and body vibrations.
This kit was featured in Mini World November 2015.
Please click here to view the full article.